Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Again on "cannot import name bbn"

From: Ritesh Maheshwari
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Again on "cannot import name bbn"
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:37:46 -0500

I had the same problems and I ended up wasting half hour adding
#include<cstring> to about 30 odd files. I would suggest that you
change your g++ to an older version. Install g++-4.2 and then do this:

sudo rm /usr/bin/g++
sudo ln -s g++-4.2 /usr/bin/g++

then make.

This is a known problem in gcc-4.3 and 4.4. See here:
http://www.cyrius.com/journal/2007/05/10#gcc-4.3-include
http://www.cyrius.com/journal/gcc/gcc-4.4-include

If need be, I can post my updated source files of BBN (with the added
#includes). Let me know.

-Ritesh