Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building from trunk under Ubuntu 8.10?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building from trunk under Ubuntu 8.10?
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:16:21 -0800

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 12:51 -0800, Rob Frohne wrote:

> I'm having difficulty building under Ubuntu 8.10.  Make ends with these
> errors.

> make[5]: *** No rule to make target
> `/home/frohro/Desktop/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib/general/gr_ofdm_bpsk_mapper.i',
>
> needed by `gnuradio_swig_py_general.cc'.  Stop.

Is this from a fresh checkout of the trunk, or one that was built
before?  This symptom is typical of what happens when the dependencies
from an older build are still lying around after an svn update that
removes a .i file, which happens occasionally.

If this is the case, you can either check out a fresh copy of the trunk,
or do a 'make distclean' from the top directory, then start from
scratch.

-Johnathan