Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] generate a singe gauss signal

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] generate a singe gauss signal
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:55:54 -0800

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:21 AM, slimchao <address@hidden> wrote:

> i want to gnerate a single gauss signal as a source signal and want to know
> what signal block can be selected. Another question is that how to
> synchronise the receiver und sender.
>
> ps:i use LFTX and LFRX-daughterboard.

Your follow-up answer did not provide any more information than your
original email did; I still don't know what a "single gauss signal"
is.

If you are referring to a Gaussian mono-pulse RF waveform, then this
really isn't possible with the USRP, except for pulse widths on the
order of several hundreds of nanoseconds at minimum.  With custom FPGA
programming you could transmit impulses a few tens of nanoseconds
wide.  Neither of these options would give you anything truly
"Gaussian" shaped.

-Johnathan