Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dead USRP box?

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dead USRP box?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:05:57 +1030

G'day Bob,

this is exactly what happened to my USRP board. The board seems operational
except it won't communicate. I've ordered the FX2 chip from DigiKey as I
believe it to be faulty. Digikey actually managed to sent me the wrong part,
a RAM chip, inside an otherwise correctly labled package. The hopefully
correct part is on its way, so it shouldn't be long until we know if it fixed
the problem.

It just begs the question, what causes this chip to fail? As described by Bob,
it was left off for several month and failed on subsequent power up.

Seasons Greetings,

cheerio Berndt