Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Faulty USRP microprocessor?

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Faulty USRP microprocessor?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:07:21 +1030

G'day,

I'm glad to inform that replacing the FX2 chip resolved the problem and the
USRP appears to be fully operational, e.g. usrp_benchmark and usrp_wfm work
out of the box.

I since tried to connect the board using a USB2.0 cable of 5m in length and
can't establish communication with it. The cable length is within the USB2.0
specifications. It may just be a poor quality or bad cable, but would like to
hear if anyone else has been successful in using a long USB cable.

Using an oscilloscope, I can see a pulse train of about 0.5Vpp with channel A
(D+) and channel B (D-) at the USRP connector. Does this sound right?

cheerio Berndt