Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora 10 and svn head

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora 10 and svn head
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 13:23:55 -0500

Bob McGwier wrote:
> I run Fedora 10 on my Quad core and boost 1_37 installed in /opt.  I am
> putting it on one of my dual power PC blades and on one of my dual CBE
> blades for experimentation with SDK 3.1.  I am attempting to work out all of
> the gotchas with F10 for this work.
>
> --with-boost=/opt/boost(directory of your choice)
>
> in the configure, all seems well.  I believe this is the recommended
> procedure in the README.boost in the root of the trunk.  Of course, README
> is one of those files that is ignored almost always right?

I'm also running F10 with boost-1.37.

The instructions have you include /opt/boost{whatever}/lib in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but instead, I simply
  do a "ldconfig /opt/boost{whatever}/lib", and then I don't have to
remember to stuff LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  all the time.

I'm running on a quad-core Q6600 system, which I have overclocked to
about 2.95Ghz, from 2.4Ghz.  It's just
  barely able to keep up with two (complex, 8-bit) channels at 6.4Msps
for my radio astronomy stuff.  I can't get
  it to overclock any higher, until I get a cooler (currently using the
stock fan).

If I had the money, I'd upgrade to a 2U server with twin or quad-socket
Xeon 5472, but I can't quite justify that
  expense after getting laid off a couple of months ago :-( :-(

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium