Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code for current release (3.1.3

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code for current release (3.1.3)?
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 19:47:38 -0500

  2) Why doesn't gnu radio team include BBN 802.11 code in their office
  release, just same as what they have done to the m-block codes? Then these
  codes would be better maintained and utilized.

The BBN code has copyright assigned to FSF, so it's just a question of
somebody doing the integration work.

  3) BBN 802.11 codes are only compatitable with some older version of gnu
  radio (v3.1.1). If I have to use the lower version gnu radio in order to
  utilize the bbn 802.11 codes, what power and functionality I will lose
  from not using the new current ralease. Is this an acceptable alternative?
  Maybe I can not use the new USRP2 boards since they are just newly released
  and probably not supported by the older version gnu radio. what else?

people are adapting the code for newer versions.  In my opinion it's not
reasonable to stay at old gnuradio versions.

  4) Most people who need BBN 802.11 PHY codes also need to work on MAC layer,
  mostly working on Click modular router. As I saw in some papers, BBN also
  implmented two APIs (an MAC-Subnet API for Click to use to talk to the MAC
  layer, and aonther Radio API for MAC layer to talk to the GNU Radio) and a
  model MAC in Click. They are supposed to be open-sourced. Have you used them
  or know where to find them?

These were mostly designed, but not implemented.  Our project was
intended to go 3 years but stopped after only one.