RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thread scheduling for high-sensitivity, high-reso

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thread scheduling for high-sensitivity, high-resolutionFFTs
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:19:23 -0500

Marcus:

What is the time constant on your IIR?  If the time constant is longer than
two FFT's you are probably losing sensitivity doing noncoherent averaging.
All I am suggesting is that a computation is in order to determine the
"noise figure" of the two approaches.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom