[Discuss-gnuradio] How to allow random subcarriers in OFDM?

From: Brook Lin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to allow random subcarriers in OFDM?
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:08:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

For the OFDM, the fft_length is the total number of subcarriers, and  the
occupied_tones is the total number of subcarriers that carry actual data,
which are in the middle of total subcarriers. However, I want to make the
subcarriers randomly on or off, which means, the  occupied_tones are not in
the middle, but randomly distribute over the subcarriers. Does anyone know
how to start it? Is gr_ofdm_mapper_bcv.cc the only one I need to look at?

Thanks for any reply.
Brook