Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tetra receiver

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tetra receiver
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:26:08 -0500

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Grzegorz Suder
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Actualy what I am worrying about are discontinuous TDMA signals (for
> example: receiving specific time slot). I guess that capturing such TDMA
> signal (Tetra is just an example due to 4 time slots) where only one slot is
> transmitting may require synchronization to external time source.

If you're only doing reception, then there is no real need for time
synchronization at the hardware level.

You can detect the signal on your host computer and the timebase is irrelevant.

Only if you are transmitting do you really have the hard timeslot that
you have to follow - or else you step on each others toes.

Brian