[Discuss-gnuradio] Using different sizes for the different input ports o

From: Alvaro Palomo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using different sizes for the different input ports of one GNU Radio block
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:36:21 +0000

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to use different data types or different vector sizes for the different input ( or output) ports of a GNU Radio block. I explain myself.

When the input or output signature of a block is specified, the parameters provided are: minimum number of ports, maximum number of ports and size of the data. This size is applied to all the ports. My question is that if there is any way of specifying different sizes for the different ports.

More concretely, in my case I need two input ports where one of them takes a vector of 30 char and a vector of 432 char the other. Since I can only provide one size, I'm specifying 432*sizeof_char, so when I run my flowgraph I get an error message complaining about a size mismatch.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Alvaro Palomo

Alvaro Palomo Navarro
Institute of Microelectronics and Wireless Systems
Electronic Engineering Department National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Maynooth, Co. Kildare,
Ireland

P: +353-1-7086935
F: +353-1-7086027