RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and USRP baseband demodulation/decoding

From: Tachwali, Yahia
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and USRP baseband demodulation/decoding
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:49:03 -0600

Hello Einar,

Knowing your modulation type can simplify your symbol and carrier
synchronization design. However, if your are not restricted with certain
modulation type and you just want to use an arbitrary modulation to get you
going then I suggest to use differential coding such as D-BPSK which does not
require coherent detection (no carrier synchronization is required) and that
can simplify your design.

I hope that help a little. If you are really after symbol synchronization, I
have read several publications by Dr.F.Harris and Dr.C.Dick but they tend to do
their implementations in FPGA.

Kind regards,
Yahia Tachwali