[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: How to syncronize 2 XCVR2450 daughterbords

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Re: How to syncronize 2 XCVR2450 daughterbords
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:48:45 +0100

Matt Ettus wrote:
>> I have read that the VCO on daugherbords uses PLL frequency synthesizer
>> by using the USRP clock as a reference. If I syncronize the two USRPs(to
>> work as a master and slave), will the Daughterboards,XCVR2450 operating
>> on them become frequency and phase synchronized?
>
> YES.  That is the whole point.
>
> Each XCVR2450 has its own local oscillator which is locked to the master
> clock on the USRP motherboard.  You can make both USRPs share the same
> master clock by following the directions above.  You CANNOT make both
> XCVRs use the same local oscillator, you can only make them lock their
> own LOs to the master clock.  However, both will then produce
> phase-locked, frequency-locked output.
>

>> Also on the USRP clocking notes, a step is desribed to "disable the
>> daughterboard clock and enable the motherboard clock". So, which is the
>> reference for the PLL frequency synthesizer by default, the
>> daughterboard clock or the motherboard clock?
>

> That does not apply to you.  That is for old RFX boards, not XCVR2450
> boards.
>
> Matt

Thanks Matt!
But,could I ask you 2 more questions please!

1.Where can i get the specification,block diagrams or schematics(PCB)
for this XCVR2450?
2.Currently I am using Gnuradio 3.0, but i want to update to the upto
date version. So, does this board has compatibility(works without
problem) with the newest versions of gnu radio?

Bruhtesfa