[Discuss-gnuradio] Analyzing FFT for multiple maxima

From: Paul Mathews
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Analyzing FFT for multiple maxima
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 11:48:41 -0800

Here's a screen shot of FFT output:

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp28/optoeng/2peaks.jpg

The image is typical, in that there are multiple narrow local maxima, but
the amplitude of these particular peaks is quite a bit higher than I expect
'in the field'. I'm trying to work out an efficient way to compute the
locations and relative amplitudes of these maxima. Can someone please
suggest either an algorithm and/or the most similar gnuradio application
that I can examine as candidates for this analyis? Thanks.
Paul Mathews