Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and external clock (from GPS receiver)

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and external clock (from GPS receiver)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:17:29 -0800

Changkyu Seol wrote:
Hi!

I am planning to implement multiple synchronized transmitters using
USRP2 and GPS receiver. Before that I checked whether the USRP2 is
locked to external clock through following experiment.

The easiest way to check for lock is to put the following line in your firmware:

        clocks_enable_test_clk(true,10);

This will output a test clock on the middle 2 pins of the 4 pin connector right near the VCXO on the motherboard. Look at one of those 2 pins on an oscilloscope at the same time as the 10 MHz reference. You should see the two clocks don't drift relative to each other.

Matt