Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and external clock (from GPS receiver)

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and external clock (from GPS receiver)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:28:44 -0800

Douglas Geiger wrote:
I'm at svn revision 10441 - with both the firmware and fpga code built
from that (using Xilinx ISE 10.1 to make the fpga). I've just modified
the txrx.c code - adding:
clocks_enable_test_clk(true, 2);
clocks_mimo_config(MC_WE_LOCK_TO_SMA);
just before the while(1) loop

My rx_mimo.cc code also calls ->config_mimo(MC_WE_LOCK_TO_SMA), but
right now I've stepped back to just getting one USRP2 synchronized to my
external source - which in this case is a function generator with a
10MHz sine with 2V P-P.

Is it possible some of the hardware on my USRP2's isn't working?

Unlikely, since it was tested before shipping.

I will send you code to run in a separate email.

Matt