R: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel ATOM WHOOAAAAA Nellie

From: Alberto Trentadue
Subject: R: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel ATOM WHOOAAAAA Nellie
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:45:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi Bob

Your detailed description below triggers one question.

I'm about to setup a desktop (non portable) platform for GNURadio.
I know how to assemble a PC, but actually not expert in selectin HW.
ATOM is a good new product.
But as long as I'm not interested in portability, low power and in nifty
graphics (but of course nifty sound), and
not interested in supporting a lot of periferals (a bunch of good USB2 will
do), and only interested in outstanding CPU
power and RAM access speed, is ATOM still the choice?
I may not wait for the NVidia ION to arrive.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
Alberto

com>, "GNURadio Discussion List"<address@hidden>, "High Performance Software