Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio version & uninstall

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio version & uninstall
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:49:37 -0800

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Dimitris Symeonidis <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1) Is there a command or a file that tells me the gnuradio version
> installed and used?
> What I mean is: let's say I have separate folders with 3.1.1, 3.1.2,
> 3.1.3 and the latest trunk.
> I occasionally "sudo make uninstall" one and "sudo make install" the
> other. Is there a way to know which one is currently installed?

Not using the installed path, that I can think of, anyway.  I use an
alternative way of having multiple versions installed simultaneously
using a symbolic link to select the "active" one.   Each version is
./configure'd with --prefix= and installed into a custom path, then a
symbolic link is made to a standard path name:

/home/jcorgan/.sys-trunk
/home/jcorgan/.sys-release-3.1.3
/home/jcorgan/.sys-release-3.2rc0

Then whichever I one I want to use I symbolic link:

$ ln -s .sys-trunk .sys

Finally, I set environment variables in .bashrc to find everything:

PREFIX=/home/jcorgan/.sys
export PATH=$PATH:$PREFIX/bin:/opt/microblaze/bin
export LD_LOAD_LIBRARY=$PREFIX/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib
export PYTHONPATH=$PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig

At this point switching between GNU Radio installations is as simple
as deleting and making a new symbolic link, then re-running ldconfig.

> 2) Connected to the previous question: the "normal" way to uninstall a
> version of gnuradio is to go into the source folder and type "sudo
> make uninstall". However, this requires a) that you know which version
> is installed, and b) that you still have this source folder. My
> question is: is there a more generic way to remove an installation of
> gnuradio? Which folders should I remove? So far I have collected:
>
> but I'm not sure this list is complete...

Below is my 'nuke-gnuradio' script, edit as needed, use at your own risk:

PREFIX=/usr/local
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/gr_plot_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/grc
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/find_usrps
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/lsusrp
rm -rf $PREFIX/bin/test_all
rm -rf $PREFIX/etc/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/gruel
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/fpga_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/mb_*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/mblock
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/pmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/include/usrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libgnuradio*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libgr*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libmblock*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libpmt*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/libusrp*
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/usrpm
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/grc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/python2.5/site-packages/grc_gnuradio
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gnuradio*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gr-wxgui*.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/gruel.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/mblock.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/pmt.pc
rm -rf $PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig/usrp*.pc