[Discuss-gnuradio] starting with usrp2_fft.py

From: jeff .
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] starting with usrp2_fft.py
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:06:29 -0300

Hi,

I'm a newbie. I received my hardware and trying test it.
I started to test the USRP2 (last release of firmware) and FLEX900 with the "usrp2_fft.py".
My system is Ubuntu 8.10 and the trunk version of gnuradio.

I'm trying this command:

#sudo usrp2_fft.py -f900M

But the graphic window of "USRP2 FFT" freezes and not responds anymore, so I need to kill the application. The spectrun don't show any communication at 900Mhz, even with many radios working in this frequency.
If I try run again (sudo usrp2_fft.py -f900M) the following error occurs:

    "RuntimeError: Unable to retrieve daughterboard info"

So I need turn off and turn on the USRP2 to stop the error and run the "usrp2_fft.py -f900M" again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!