Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modifications in benchmark_rx.py for USRP2

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modifications in benchmark_rx.py for USRP2
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 19:15:59 -0500

Smith L. wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to use USRP2 as a receiver and USRP1 as a transmitter.
The benchmark_tx.py file is working well for USRP1 but I did some
modifications to benchmark_rx.py so that it can work on USRP2. But it didnt
worked out. Can anyone help me with this modifcations so that I can
establish communication between USRP1 and USRP2. Thanks in advance.

You have to watch out for the different sample rates. When you set the sample rate in benchmark_tx/rx, it finds the closest sampling rate it can get through the interpolation/decimation factor in the USRP. Since the USRP and USRP2 have different speed DACs/ADCs, the exact values are going to be different.

Run both with the -v option to see what the actual sample rate both the tx and rx side are using. To fix this, either try to find a rate that works for both USRP and USRP2, or, and this is a better solution, use a blks2.rational_resampler_ccf to resample to achieve closer sampling rates in both tx and rx.

Tom