Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] any alternative API for set_auto_tr when using xc

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] any alternative API for set_auto_tr when using xcvr2450+usrp2
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:19:28 -0800

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM, Xiaolong Li <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can I still call set_auto_tr to enable auto switch Rx and Tx with
> xcvr2450+usrp2? It seems like the set_auto_tr is no longer available. Is
> there any alternative API for same function? Without calling set_auto_tr,
> USRP2+xcvr2450 can receive normally, however, no luck for transmission.
> Could anybody explain why this happens? Thanks.

The USRP2 is *always* in auto T/R mode; that is, it does not support
full duplex without a modification to the FPGA and firmware code.

Thus, there is no auto TR configuration in the USRP2 host code.  Have
you verified that it is in fact not transmitting, not just that the
receiver doesn't see any packets?

Regarding the XCVR2450, support in the USRP2 has undergone a lot of
changes/bug fixes in the last few weeks.  Can you retest with at least
revision 10524 of both the FPGA and and firmware?  The binaries are
posted on the GNU Radio website.  These will require you to have
installed at least that revision of the GNU Radio trunk.

Johnathan