[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Import Error undefined symbol :in gnuradio exampl

From: Ashwin Raut
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Import Error undefined symbol :in gnuradio examples on usrp
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 05:24:07 +0100

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Ashwin Raut <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> when i try connecting usrp and then run some examples i always get this
>> import error, I have attached the error log below. I have installed
>> gnuradio 3.1.3 on ubuntu 8.04 and have python 2.5 . �i tried finding abt
>> this error but didnt get anything similar. please help.
>
>> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/_usrp1.so:
>> undefined symbol: _ZN10usrp_basic22_write_fpga_reg_maskedEiii
>
> This is typically a result of not having run ldconfig.  Did you follow
> the instructions in our Wiki for installing on Ubuntu?
>
> The script you are trying to run works fine once installation is
> completed correctly, unlike what someone else told you.
>
> Johnathan

yes i have exactly followed the instruction,
i first installed all the required packages,
then installed  boost , and then installed gnu radio as per instructions
but the thing is i had a  gnuradio installation before which wasnt
working i had forced removed that directory,
also when i do lsusrp now it gives error command not found?/

i also have a question , which OS Ubuntu8.04 or Fedora 10 will be good
for working on implementing TDMA MAC in GNU radio.

Ashwin.