Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet chopping

From: Peter Vizi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet chopping
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 11:52:08 -0400

Tom,

I'm sorry if I was not clear enough.

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 17:03 -0400, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> Please label your axes! I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. Also,
> from what I gather, you are doing a comparison, but you are using two
> different ranges in the x-axis. I am not at all clear what the problem
> you are having is from your explanation.

In image [1] you see the absolute values of the baseband waveform that
my transmitter produces (I did not plot the real and complex part
separately). In this case it is 512 samples long after padding with
zeros for the USRP. In [2] you can see a part of the received baseband
waveform (again only plotting the abs, not real and imaginary part).

As you pointed out the range of x axis is different, and that is exactly
the problem: the samples in [2] with high snr are belonging to my
packet, and it is not 512 samples long, rather it is spread over 1000
samples, which in my opinion means that the USRP does not send the whole
packet at once but in small chunks.

Best, Peter.

[1] http://nd.edu/~pvizi/transmitted.png
[2] http://nd.edu/~pvizi/onair.png