[Discuss-gnuradio] STD_SWIG_PYTHON_ARGS and gr-howto

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] STD_SWIG_PYTHON_ARGS and gr-howto
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:43:15 +0100

Hi,

it seems there's a bug in gr-howto-write-a-block.

The swig call in src/lib/Makefile.am is defined as

howto.cc howto.py: $(ALL_IFILES)
        $(SWIG) $(STD_SWIG_PYTHON_ARGS) -module howto \
                -o howto.cc $(LOCAL_IFILES)

but STD_SWIG_PYTHON_ARGS is never defined in that module.
I believe Makefile.common should be updated to have something like

<<< SNIP >>>
SWIGGRFLAGS = -I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)/swig
-I$(GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDEDIR)

# swig flags
# -w511 turns off keyword argument warning
# "-outdir $(builddir)" writes all generated output files to
#   the local builddir (which should always be '.')
SWIG_PYTHON_FLAGS = -fvirtual -python -modern -keyword \
        -w511 -outdir .

# standard swig flags used by most components
STD_SWIG_PYTHON_ARGS = \
        $(SWIG_PYTHON_FLAGS) \
        $(SWIGGRFLAGS)
<<< SNIP >>>

This works with me, but I don't really understand the auto-build system
that well - perhaps someone who does can prepare a patch that definitely
does what it should.

I noticed some changes in the build system recently, such as the
introduction of STD_SWIG_PYTHON_ARGS. Perhaps the mini-build-subsystem
of gr-howto just needs the same updates?

Cheerio,
MB

--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun           Phone: +49-(0)721-608 3790
Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik  Fax:   +49-(0)721-608 6071