Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:49:14 -0400

2009/3/16 Philip Balister address@hidden

>So maybe there is a way to code libusrp to use the libusb1 interface without >directly accessing the file descriptor.

>The other approach is to try to extract the file descriptor from libusb-compat.

>Finally, it looks like you can omit libusb-compat and install libusb-0.1.x with >libusb1.

>Philip

Hi, we are also coming across the same error of usrp_prims.cc: 244: internal error!  when we try to interface with the USRP using the Angstrom distribution of Linux.  We were able to get GNU Radio 3.1.3 running on a Gumstix OMAP3 board using the audio scripts (dial_tone.py, etc.) but get the error when running usrp_benchmark_usb.py.

Philip mentioned in a previous post that Angstrom can be built with libusb-1.12 as a workaround so we can look into some sort of kernel hacking as well.  But if there were a better approach than this it would be useful.

Anyway, please let us know if there is an effective way to connect to the USRP with Angstrom (or other OS).  Right now we are just trying to establish a connection and can look into improving performance later.

Thanks,

Dan