Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple USRP Interface Code

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simple USRP Interface Code
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:27:42 -0700

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:12:06AM -0700, isaacgerg wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>   I was wondering if anyone has written a small C++ application which is the
> bare bones required to interface with the URSP.
>
> Thanks in advanced,
> Isaac

Isaac,

Take a look at the version of usrp/host/apps/test_usrp_standard_tx.cc
that's currently in the trunk.  As of [10640] yesterday, it tunes
the daughterboard, sets the gain, etc.  It's not a beautiful piece of
code (it was written to help track down a bug), but it does show the
basics of transmitting using usrp_standard_tx directly.

One level up from that, there's an all C++ example that is pretty much
functionally equivalent to usrp_siggen.py  It uses the GR usrp_sink_c
block from C++.  See gr-usrp/apps/usrp_siggen.cc.

Neither of these examples are "ready for prime time".  Neither handles
^C properly (they leave the transmitter running).  YMMV.  But they
will give you some ideas.

Eric