Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using one USRP

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using one USRP
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:20:37 -0400

Hi Raj - Alice Crohas' MS thesis sounds similar to yours. She used 2 USRP1's, one doing RX-audio, and the other doing the RX-sample and the TX-audio. We discussed trying to do simultaneous RX/TX using the same daughtercard on a given USRP, or different daughtercards on the same USRP, but decided against either for various reasons. Her eventual setup used just two USRPs: two antennas and two daughtercards -- one each per USRP. The RX-audio was not smooth (it had gaps where the TX- audio was stopped to do RX-sample), but listening was not unpleasant; with a little added buffering on RX, she could have made the RX-audio smooth (but added in a small latency to the transmission, which for the purposes of what she was doing would have been just fine) -- this wasn't necessary for the MS, but it would have been nice for our demos. Good luck on your projects. - MLD