Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 78, Issue 23

From: Tom Lutz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 78, Issue 23
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:17:14 -0400

> Hi :
>     Few days ago i typed the following commands to install the BBN 80211
>     address@hidden bbn_80211]#./configure
>     address@hidden bbn_80211]#./make
>     address@hidden bbn_80211]#./make check
>     address@hidden bbn_80211]#./make install
>
>     and the info that the system showed did not seem to be abnormal .
>     but when i used the following command to run a example :
>
>      address@hidden bbn_80211]#./src/examples/bbn_80211b_tx.py
>
>      the info system showed as follows:
>
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "./src/examples/bbn_80211b_tx.py", line 28, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import gr, gru, blks
>     ImportError: cannot import name blks
>
>     can anyone give me some suggestions to explain the info , and how to
> solve it?
>     thanks
>
> Xiaoming

Xiaoming,

When sending e-mails to this list, please trim the quoted text so only
relevant information is in your e-mail.  You're clogging up the tubes!
 With that said -- I've found that after running make install for the
first time, I need to execute ldconfig in order for the libraries to
be linked corrected.

Try this:
# python
>>> import gnuradio
>>> from gnuradio import gr

If you get errors about a missing library, ldconfig is most likely your problem.

Cheers,
Tom