Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 DBSRX 10MHz reference clock

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 DBSRX 10MHz reference clock
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:22:18 -0700

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Eric Blossom<address@hidden> wrote:

After some off-list discussion, I think you should be able to make
this work.  I expect that Johnathan or Matt will chime in with some
additional information.  (The GPIF bus uses a clock from the FX2, so I
was mistaken about that being a problem.)

Yes, it is possible to clock a USRP1 at 10 MHz.  However, I've only
ever done this with BasicRx/BasicTx boards, so I can't comment on how
or whether the DBSRX boards will work or in this scenario.

The DBSRX would work like this, as long as you modified the reference divider in the DBSRX control code. However, the question is why would you want to reduce the sampling rate so much?

Matt