Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Plot and Benchmark

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Plot and Benchmark
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 00:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

Tom Rondeau wrote:

> The coupling of the flow graph and the Wx architecture was one of my
> motivations for writing the gr-qtgui. You should be able to "from
> gnuradio.qtgui import qtgui" then drop a sink (qtgui.sink_c(args)) and
> connect the signal block you want to observe to this sink. Remember that
> when you start the flow graph use "tb.start()" and not "tb.run()" and
> then execute the Qt application with a "qapp.exec_()", which blocks
> until closed.
>
> Note that you'll have to install a few Qt-related things (Qt > 4.3,
> PyQt, QWT, and QWT Plot 3D). If you running Ubuntu or Fedora, these are
> available from your package manager.
>
> You can find examples of how to use this in gr-qtgui/src/python with
> more complicated examples that allow you to build a full QT application
> with the sink display embedded in it. If you just use a sink and start
> the QApp, you just get a modal dialog box. You can have multiple QT
> sinks going at once, too.
>
> Tom

thank you Tom. I had run the usrp_display.py inside the gr-qtgui, it was
very interesting. I see that you doesn't use the wxpyton any more and you
use the qtgui isn't it?

but I cannot find where it do the inserting data for plotting process. in
usrp_fft.py it use the fftsink_nongl.py or fftsink_gl.py for the plotting
process right?and fftsink_nongl.py insert the data for plotting in set_data
function inside the fft_window class. so in fftsink_nongl.py, I tab the
evt.data (inside the set_data function) and manipulate it to do my sensing
mechanism.

I see that the usrp_display.py call the qtgui.py for the plotting process
and I think qtgui.py call it's C++ file for further processes isn't it? so
how and where can I can tab the data like evt.data in usrp_display or qtgui?
could you please explain a bit on how does usrp_display do the plotting
process?

thank you very much.

Adib