[Discuss-gnuradio] question in source code of gr_sig_source_f

From: Milo Wong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] question in source code of gr_sig_source_f
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:39:15 -0700

Hi,

I was browsing the GNU radio C++ API. Here I have a couple of questions about the class reference of gr_sig_source_f. (Signal generator)

1) For the type of public member function waveform(), i.e. gr_waveform_t waveform () const. Where can I refer to the definition of "gr_waveform_t"? Is there any description of how waveforms(sine wave) are generated?

2)  I am going to generate a set of sine waves at different frequencies. If these sine waves are obtained from the iteration equations of harmonious oscillators:   v(t+dt)=v(t) - omega^2 * x(t)dt ; x(t+dt)=x(t) + v(t)dt, is that different from the way of sine wave generation in gnu radio. Do I need to create a new sine wave generation block instead of the defaut one? (x(t) - displacement, v(t) - velocity)

Thank you,

Milo