[Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Constellation Plots from Benchmark RX

From: Michael Matrakis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signal Constellation Plots from Benchmark RX
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:40:30 +0800

Hey,

I am currently running the USRP1 with benchmark tx/rx with dbpsk modulation to plot the received signal constellation plots from the
data logged files that are already coded in dbpsk.py

The problem I am encountering is getting successful received plots of two distinct point clouds around -1 and 1 like you do when plotting
tx_chunks2symbols.dat using Octave from the transmitter side. I have tried plotting the receiver side files rx_received.dat and rx_diffdec.dat but I get alot of junk plots in
between the two points which make the plot look like a big blob.

I have tried using the direct link cable between the two USRP devices with little to no improvement on the plot.

I also did notice that these two receiver files still log data even when you do not send any packet data
from benchmark_tx which can be plotted to look like the junk I see in the plots with received packet data.

If some one could point me in the right direction much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael