[Discuss-gnuradio] How to find the python description of gr.*

From: Milo Wong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to find the python description of gr.*
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:24:04 -0700

Hi,

I have read Eric's "howto-write-a-signal-processing-block", but I still got a question. Is there anyway I could find the python description of gr.* modules(or functions). I browsed both "gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/gr" and "python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr", but I found nothing but several swig generated files.

In howto_square_ff example, the command "import howto" imports SWIG generated "howto.py" module and applies "howto.square_ff" block. But in "tx_voive.py" example, how could I find the description of "gr.message_sink" or "gr.msg_queue" in python? It seems there's not such a file called "gr.py". I think "gr.*" are also generated by SWIG from their C++ Class, but I simply can't find them. Appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Milo