Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-howto import error

From: milowenwen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-howto import error
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

Alex,

The "make check" command invokes run_tests which run everything that matches
qa_*.py (qa_howto.py)and return the final result. It will bypass the default
PYTHONPATH and set your own built tree in which search for your C++/python
files. You can find these settings in run_tests:
----------------------
# Where to look in the build tree for our shared library
libbld=/home/yuan/Desktop/SDR/built/src/lib
# Where to look in the src tree for swig generated python code
libsrc=/home/yuan/Desktop/SDR/built/src/lib
# Where to look in the src tree for hand written python code
py=/home/yuan/Desktop/SDR/built/src/python

# Where to look for installed GNU Radio python modules
# FIXME this is wrong on a distcheck.  We really need to ask gnuradio-core
# where it put its python files.
installed_pythondir=/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages
installed_pyexecdir=/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages

PYTHONPATH="$libbld:$libbld/.libs:$libsrc:$py:$installed_pythondir:$installed_pyexecdir:$PYTHONPATH"
#PYTHONPATH="$libbld:$libbld/.libs:$libsrc:$py:$installed_pythondir:$installed_pyexecdir"
-------------------------------------

Also, I think there's another way which could run qa_howto.py directly. As
howto.py has already been generated by SWIG, you can find it under python
sys.path directory:
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio

While the command "import howto.py" in qa_howto.py will try to import that
file from /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages (howto.py's parent directory),
but it is not there. You can modify this command as "from gnuradio import
howto" to import howto successfully.

Hope it will help.

Milo