Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Update -- March 9th, 2006

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Update -- March 9th, 2006
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:27:41 -0700 (PDT)

Matt Ettus wrote:

> The Flex2400 board, which was released this week covers 2300-2700 MHz.
> There is a filter on board which covers the ISM band (2400-2483 MHz),
> but it can be bypassed easily, giving coverage to the full 2300-2700 MHz
> band.  The additional bands covered include satellite, military, ham,
> and other fixed wireless bands.

I wonder flex2400 and rfx2400 is the same or not?

I think rfx2400 can cover frequencies from 2.3GHz to 2.9GHz right? but in
GNU Radio, when I read the maximum and minimum freq that my daughterboard
(rfx2400) and divide it with 2, it give me 2.5GHz.. so with this, it show
that my daughterboard maximum freq is 2.7GHz.. i wonder why?

My next question on the rfx2400 daughterboard, how to bypass the ISM band
filter? even though i haven't bypass the filter, but i still able to
transmit at freq 2.5GHz and my receiver also work fine at 2.5GHz.. means, i
am able to receive my data successfully with minimum packet lost.. i wonder
why?

Last but not least, how do i calculate my actual power transmit? i see that
in GNU Radio, we can control 2 power parameter; the AGC and the DAC value.
is my Pt is like this: Pt (db) = Pagc (db) + Pdac (db) ..how about the gain
in my rfx2400? and how about the max Pt that my rfx2400 can transmit?

please help me on this.. thank you very much in advance.

Adib