Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Some questions about audio output and under-

From: Steve Glass
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Some questions about audio output and under-runs on a custom block....
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:59:24 +1000

Eric

Just a quick thank you for your help.

I had only a fuzzy idea about how forecast works and your explanation that audio_sink is rate-limiting meant it fell into place. I still use throttle to limit the input rate from file because (like you) I am using GUI elements at several stages in the processing pipeline and with the correct implementation of forecast() for my custom block everything works just fine. No audio under-runs despite the two-clocks as I make my block produce audio silence if it has nothing to send.

Keep up the good work

Steve