Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] another newbie question

From: Josef Vukovic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] another newbie question
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:54:36 +0200

2009/9/26 Steve Mitan <address@hidden>
Hi all

 I guess my question is to get gnuradio up and running do I need to build it
from scratch using grc or is there a quicker(interpret easier) way of doing
it?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Adidionaly to what M.All said I have to say it depends strongly what you want to do wiht
gnuradio and what knowledge do you have about signalprocessing. For example if you
have only very low knowledge in signalprocessing like me but want to build a complete
sorfware defined shortwave reciever where the software and hardware is completily opensource and want to mafufacture and sell the ready for use shortwave recierver in the
final end, then you don't need to build gnuradio, getting the source should be enough for
the first you can use the source code for study signalprocessing algorithms and for learning
C/C++, phyton, opensource developemt and much more....
On the gnuradio website are a lot of information where someone can start reading a lot suggestions are even open.

Have fun exploring gnuradio :-)

best regards
Josef Vukovic

PS: grc (gnuradio companion) is not a buildtool for building gnuradio, it is more like a buildtool
for building gnuradio applications in a graphical manner, somewhat similar like TI Labview