[Discuss-gnuradio] RFX900 with 5V supply.

From: Christian Meier
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX900 with 5V supply.
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:59:09 +0100

Hi,
In the environment of our USRP I am constrained to use 5V power supply. As I read, the usrp itself only requires 5V.

Looking at the schematics of the RFX900 however, there are some things that use 5V regulated by the ADP3336 which itself has 200mV dropout. My idea was to adjust resistors of the ADP3336 to use something about 4.5 to 4.7 V. Most parts would accept this, but what would you suggest for the inputs of the AD8347, AD834X and especially the circuit connected to VCMO of AD8347 ?

I'd prefer not to use a step up dc-dc converter, because it would introduce much more noise.

Are there any other suggestions or known problems?

Thanks

Christian