Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CORDIC in USRP TX path

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CORDIC in USRP TX path
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:54:29 -0700

Christian Meier wrote:
Hi,
I noticed that there is a hardcoded "`define NOCORDIC_TX" inside tx_chain.v

Does anyone know why this is disabled?
Is it a problem of FPGA size or are there any bugs inside tx_chain with NOCORDIC_TX not defined?

Ignore my last answer. We use the RX cordic. The TX cordic is not used because there is the equivalent functionality in the AD9862 DAC, so we don't need to include it in the FPGA, and thus can save space.

Matt