RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio in Fedora 10... what did go wrong in my

From: Tachwali, Yahia
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio in Fedora 10... what did go wrong in my installation?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 18:43:28 -0500

Hello Alaelddin,

You are absolutely right about the problem of Boost libraries problem. I really
suggest the gnuradio team to mention this point into the Fedora installation
steps on the website. However, I already did that and moved all the way to
complete system installation. If I did not fix the boost library version, the
configure step would not even complete. In fact, I followed the steps mentioned
in README.boost file.

Do you think the the errors below are caused by the boost library:
sh: latex: command not found
Problems running latex. Check your installation or look for typos in
_formulas.tex and check _formulas.log!
sh: dvips: command not found
Problems running dvips. Check your installation!

It does not look so!

How can I verify the installation other than the dialtone? any usrp
application. I am kinda newbie to GNURADIO and not sure which application can
do a sanity installation check? any advice?

Kind regards,
Yahia Tachwali