Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reducing the latency in tunnel.py

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] reducing the latency in tunnel.py
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:03:02 -0700

> Another study you could look at is
> ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/tr/2009/10/UW-CSE-09-10-02.PDF
>
> It gives another overview of where latency comes from, and shows how you can
> get around some of it.
> We were able to get turnaround times for our application below 300 us by
> making a few simple modifications to the GNU Radio C++ code.

Nice work!  Have these modifications been accepted upstream?  It would
be great if your RFID reader was a standard part of GNU Radio -- I
suspect that a lot more experimenters would start messing with RFID.
And it would be even better if every interactive GNU Radio application
could benefit from the latency improvements you made.

        John