Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_unpacked_to_packed_bb, modulation

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr_unpacked_to_packed_bb, modulation
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:44:44 +0200

I think you are making wrong use of the unpacked_to_packed block:
I think so to. I was creating the file in Matlab, writing zeros and ones as chars to a file, used that file as input to the flow- graph...

So to get my original code to work, I had to write "27" in the data file (27 = 00011011b). Hence producing the four symbols I was looking for.

Why did my block work? It is packing the LSB from k bytes into one byte... Kind of a "unpacked_to_unpacked_bb"- block... I think there is some cleaning, polishing and asserting to be done in that code to have it in "gnuRadio- shape", but if there is interest in such a block, I can try to fix it up as good as I can, and post it.

Thank you very much for the clarifications, I've been guessing and banging my head for a while with this.
//Mattias