Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possible to change RFX400 LO tuning step size?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possible to change RFX400 LO tuning step size?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:07:45 -0700

Newman, Timothy wrote:
Is it possible to change the tuning step size on the RFX400 to
something different than the 2 MHz step size it's on now?  I've been
looking through db_flexrf.cc and have had no luck.

I assume you mean on the USRP1. Change the R divider in constructor of the db_flexrx_400_{tx,rx}_mimo_b in db_flexrf_mimo.cc

An R divider of 16 (the current setting) make the LO step size 64 MHz/16 = 4 MHz, but the following stage divides it by 2 again for a step size of 2 MHz. If you want 1 MHz, use 32, if you want 500 kHz use 64. You can also use numbers which aren't a power of 2. In-band phase noise is better for bigger step sizes.

Matt