R: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio companion newbie problem

From: address@hidden
Subject: R: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio companion newbie problem
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:42:22 +0100 (CET)

Thanks but... how it is possible?
The git repo is exacvtly what I did...
Isn't
there any way to be sure this is the problem, and wouldn't some kind of update
just solve the matter, or even tellingthe system to use the newest library?

On
the other side -cause honestly I'm sure enough about having just one gnu radio-
maybe it is possible I have one gnuradio but multiple companion, or multiple
python?

Sorry if what I'm telling doesn't mmake sense but my linux culture is
still very basic :(

<address@hidden>
>Ogg: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio companion
newbie problem

>It looks like you have multiple versions of gnuradio
installed. The grc
>bin script is recent, but an older version of the gr
library is taking
>precedent over the newer version.
>
>Purge your file system
of all gnuradio stuff, and reinstall the version
>that you want... preferably
from the git repo :-)

>$git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git
>
>-
Josh

>address@hidden wrote:
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> Finally I was able
to install gnuradio (last version) on ubuntu
>> 9.04!
>> I tried some examples
running them manually and they worked.
>> I never used
>> the gnuradio
companion so i wanted to try it..
>> I digited grc on the bash and
>> getting
the following error:

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File

"/usr/local/bin/grc", line 45, in <module>
>>     """%gr.version()

AttributeError:
>> 'module' object has no attribute 'version'
>>
>> I checked
on synaptics and looked
>> like grc was not installed... so I installed it
from synaptic but still I have