[Discuss-gnuradio] hello world ex. & grc problem

From: mehmet kabasakal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] hello world ex. & grc problem
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:57:41 +0200

Hi everyone,

I am newbie both at gnuradio and linux environment and I am currently working on a project about usrp.
First of all I've installed the gnuradio-3.2.2 and ubuntu 9.04. Then i tried to run the dial tone example.

When i run dial tone example on http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring-gnuradio.html on the terminal
there is nothing wrong, i mean it doesn't give any error messages but i can't hear anything from my computer's
speakers. Do i have to do any extra process to execute the code?

My second question is about the grc. I wanted to use this gui to try some examples. But when i write the terminal
"grc" i got this messages;

address@hidden:~$ grc
Generic Colouriser 1.1

grc [options] command [args]

-e --stderr    redirect stderr. If this option is selected,
               do not automatically redirect stdout
-s --stdout    redirect stdout, even if -e is selected
-c name --config=name    use name as configuration file for grcat
--colour=word  word is one of: on, off, auto

Is there something wrong with it? How can i open the grc GUI ?

Thanks ...