Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Halfband filter coefficients help

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Halfband filter coefficients help
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:50:22 +0200

Hi

I can help a bit with the implementation of the one HBF.  It has
31taps, of which every second one, apart from the center one is zero.
the center one is scaled relative to one (2^18 on the FPGA).  In total
there is therefore (16+the center one) non-zero taps.  This requires 8
multiplications (because of the symmetry, we can simply add the 1st
and 31st,3rd and 29th values,etc. and then multiply by the appropriate
tap value.  For the center tap,we just need to bit-shift the sample at
that position appropriately.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sebastiaan