Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 IEEE802.11p and 802.11a

From: Valerio, Danilo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 IEEE802.11p and 802.11a
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:11:16 +0100

Hi Martin,

> I'm curious: did you manage to create 54Mbps in realtime and send them
> via the USRP2, or did you do some pre-processing? I remember trying out
> how far I could push OFDM signal generation in real time, but it was way
> lower than 20 MHz.

Actually what the code does is taking a payload, encapsulating it into an
IEEE802.11 frame, and transmitting it in compliance with the IEEE802.11p
standard (and IEEE802.11a). This means PLCP additions, scrambling, encoding,
interleaving, OFDM symbols generation, etc.

So, it is not clear to me what you exactly mean by "real-time" in this regard.
;-)

> > We will submit a paper to the 6th Karlsruhe workshop on SDR, describing
> > the implementation details.
>
> See you there -- I hope we'll find time for a chat.

I would like to be there, but I am not the first author.
So, credits to the others in the team... :-)
I hope they will also show up  soon here in the list.

> MB

Bests,
Danilo