[Discuss-gnuradio] RFX LNA question

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX LNA question
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:33:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on a RF frontend to put before a RFX900/1800. And when
looking at the schematics, I see that the first stage is a MGA82563
which is specified as having a ~13dB gain (it varies depending on the
frequency but not that much). But in the upper left corner of the same
schematics, there is a note detailing the gains of the different stages
and in there, there is a notation about the LNA having a 22dB gain.
That's quite a difference, so either:

 - The LNA on the board isn't a MGA82563
 - The table is just plain wrong
 - The datasheet from the manufacturer is wrong
 - I missed something ...

Can someone help shed some light on this ?

      Sylvain