Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] u2->set_tx_center_freq(freq, &tr) setting failing

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] u2->set_tx_center_freq(freq, &tr) setting failing.
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 06:23:19 -0800

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 11:00:22AM +0100, Hanno Jung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you're trying to tune to 1100 Hz this should be too low for an rfx 1800.
>
> With that daughterboard try somethinf around 1800 whithout commas.
> I don't know if this format is supported.

set_tx_center_freq expects a frequency in Hz.

Most of the python executables will accept a frequency expressed with
a trailing SI suffix.  E.g., 1800M 1.8G.

You can ask what the valid tuning range is using:

  double min = u2->tx_freq_min();
  double max = u2->tx_freq_max();

If you're using the usrp2, you may find it helpful to look at the
doxygen generated docs:

  http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classusrp2_1_1usrp2.html

  http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/modules.html

Eric