Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vector Source in GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Vector Source in GRC
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:16:46 -0800

I bet you are clipping, try scaling those numbers down to say 0.2. The range of the input on the usrp2 is -1 to 1

-josh

Scott Monteith wrote:
I'm having trouble transmitting using the vector source in GRC.  I
have it sending [1+1j, 1-1j, -1+1j, -1-1j], repeated, to a USRP2 sink
and scope sink.  When run, the information on the scope sink (locally)
looks correct.  However, on a second host machine with a another USRP2
connected, the scope output looks like noise.  By comparison, using a
signal source transmits the expected values (cosine) properly.

I did have to change the default value of 1 for the amplitude to a
lower value in the cosine signal source for it to transmit properly,
but there was no similar option for that on the vector source.  Could
this be the issue?  Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
Scott